Sunday, April 29, 2012

E-Fatigue

I find this concept to be interesting in chapter 11 for two reasons. One is because I have never heard of the term. Second is that I believe this is a true statement of how communication effects our current society.
Being that I am between generations of the cyber age and of the one that precedes, I see the relevance to this term. When I was younger the internet was just introduced. Had I known that technology would eventually replace books and classrooms, I might have reconsidered the thought of actually physically attending college. But aside from that I find the consistent change of technology keeps me interested. Every year it seems that there is something significantly different than before. Technology changes quite frequently that at times it’s hard to keep up. I remember when I just bought my first phone and how excited I was. Then the newer model came out only months later. I remember that feeling of wanting the newer version because mine was already outdated. Honestly that feeling was a bit of an annoyance.

1 comment:

  1. Mall7,
    I really like your post! I was brought up completely in the digital age, but I agree fully with the whole evolution of technology. It always seems that the current version of our technology needs improvement and thus, a newer model proceeds it only several months later. There is consistent progression and change in our advancements and everyday we are discover faster, newer, advanced ways to create technology and utilize to the best of its ability. However, I will agree that it gets bothersome. It's discourages me from even upgrading my computer or phone or buying the latest gadget because I know that a new model is going to replace it only several months later. I completely sympathize with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete