Friday, April 20, 2012

Community outreach

Organizations tend to have a focus on the environment they are in. For example homeless shelters tend to be in urban areas, whereas country clubs are typically in the suburbs. Another example would be how my school is built in the center of downtown San Jose which is between urban and suburban. Much of the campus’ organizations are focused on poverty, low income families, and homelessness. Through my education at San Jose State, I have participated in many affiliations involving homelessness and poverty. I believe being that San Jose State is near an urban area, it serves an obligation to reach out to the problems urban areas tend to have.
The ethical value of San Jose State is that it is reaching out to the urban community. I believe there are always ethical values of organizations. Typically community organizations are developed to help implement services that help with social issues such as illiteracy or drug dependency. Which ever the case may be or what area they are in, organizations help find solutions to those problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment