Thursday, April 7, 2011

Navigating Technomedia

Navigating Technomedia reminds me over and over again how technology takes over our modern living culture. Technology has changed the way we live and choose to live in many different arenas. There is an abundance of gaming systems, computer programs, and cell phones to choose from. I remember when the first Playstation came out and how that it was the best gaming system out there. Now there is the newest computer, newest cell phone, or newest game console. Honestly, can technology keep continuing to improve over time? I always wonder if there will ever be a point where technology stops. Technology is so unique that it has now developed its own culture. I look at fashion and how it evolves but also repeats the past by incorporating old fads with the new. Just like the cell phone-they started out big, then small, and now they are bigger again. This article simply reiterates how technology advances, in turn makes me think of how technology continues to evolve.

1 comment:

  1. It really has changed everything. It’s funny when you mentioned the PS2, I was so pumped when that came out. Now, the graphics are almost identical to games you can play on your cell phone. PS3 and computers has taken games to such a realistic level is unreal. Technology keeps getting better and better, I don’t really think the limit will be reached anytime soon. I think the only limit gaming has is virtual reality, once you can actually immerse yourself into a game and believe it as reality is there really any further you can take it? I think that won’t even happen in our lifetime, so we have awhile 

    ReplyDelete