Since this class is mostly investing its time blogging on blogspot, I found this article to be quite interesting and maybe useful for those who might pursue a career blogging. In this article I read on Wired.com How to Almost Live on Blogging by Joanna Glasner was an interview with Harold Davis and author and operator of a blog called Googleplex. He apparently makes money off of writing books and blogs. He talks about how people can make decent to substantial means of money by blogging. I would have never thought that blogging could be so lucrative as to make a living from, but for quite a few it is very possible. Davis noted that a page of blogging can get an average of $10 a year. However in order to gain that much you need to have a good and consistent following. The concept for me sounds good enough for maybe anybody to try. If you could sit behind your computer for a few hours a day writing about your interests, life experiences, or educational resources and get money for it, why not?
http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2006/02/70161
I saw an advertisement for this very thing on Blogger last week and couldn't help but check it out. Quite an interesting idea they have. Advertisers are literally banking on what you say being interested, and most of all-- viewed. If our diaries or journals were shared, I wonder who would pay to read them, or who for that matter would pay for ad space. All in all, this is just capitalism doing what capitalism does. If someone can make a buck or two benefiting from someone else, they will do it. It just so happens that both parties benefit, as agencies pay you for ad space and in turn they get hits on their websites, selling even more useless junk we don't need.
ReplyDelete