Saturday, April 16, 2011
blogging and privacy
Privacy is definitely a big issue for me. I particularly liked the blogging article because it doesn’t just tackle the issue of privacy on-line, but it starts out with different objectives of privacy. Privacy is basically what we like to make private and what we believe should be private for different reasons. The self-reflexive identity and privacy objective was something that I could closely relate with because I like the notion of the “self”. Slef identity is key to one’s own personality and how they portray themselves. In that sense we are allowing people to know certain aspects of ourselves while at the same time keeping other things private. Further into the article it talks about forming relationships through blogging-romantic and platonic. Personally I don’t think I could form any sort of relationship solely from blogging. One main reason I couldn’t is because I don’t consider blogging apart of my communication practice and it wouldn’t benefit me in any way. Another reason is because I find it to be impersonal. But I did enjoy reading this article and found it interesting to see a different side to interpersonal communication through blogging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment