Friday, April 8, 2011

Pesronal Dynamic Media-Netbook?

The Personal Dynamic Media article was one of the writing pieces that really stood out and grabbed my attention. For one reason is because it was about a former writing piece that foretold what the future of technology might be and it was a true depiction. It gave me an eerie feeling to read on to see how accurate Kay and Goldberg came to writing about the Dynabook. I felt like they took a step into the future and brought the past back with them. Their term for their idea of the Dynabook would essentially be the size of a notebook-they were extremely accurate. I’m sure over the past two decades their ideas evolved and transformed into what we have today-netbooks! I love my netbook and love how it’s conveniently sized to take anywhere-especially to school. They were also right on the money that these “dynabooks” would be used for personal needs and education because that is exactly the reason why I have one. This made me think of how we can envision something, write about it, and quite possibly one day it may come true. In Kay and Goldberg’s case it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment