Saturday, April 30, 2011

WWW

The World Wide Web article was somewhat boring. I have to first start out by saying that computer technology is not one of my strengths. Reading through the beginning of this article I felt even more inclined to not read. My husband is an IT engineer and when he talks about work or what he does I find myself rolling my eyes. However I do respect how computer systems were made to function. It takes several intelligent people to come up with the concepts of vast computer programs for our use. What I did find interesting was how everything has a specific code. HTML, HTTP, URL and so forth. The way each code is entered will transport information onto the computer for others to see. It reminds me of when I started to use MySpace. I would enter certain codes in certain domains so that I could either post pictures or music to my wall. Doing the code myself was tedious work. Also it’s interesting that no matter what is posted on the internet (i.e. commercials, music, pictures, ads) it all has a code. If that code is not properly entered it won’t appear. Thank goodness I don’t work with computers.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you. I am not technology savvy in any way. I had a hard time getting through some of the computer lingo in this article as well. Like you, I find it interesting that everything has a code. Even when we type things, when it is posted somewhere, it takes on another code. MySpace was a great example. Also, when we post our video blogs from YouTube on our blogs we have to embed the code. After reading this article, I feel I know a little bit more about computer processing than I did before. However, I don't think I will find myself working with computers any time soon.

    ReplyDelete