Thursday, April 14, 2011

The end of books

In all honesty, this piece was difficult to wrap my head around. I understand that it’s about the evolution of writing and how people comprehend writings-whether it’s on paper or on another form of technology. At first reading through this article, I envisioned how books are almost no longer needed. We have several mediums to read from including off of a computer. Nowadays there are e-books or the Kindle which are books read through software applications. These are now becoming the “normal” forms of reading. I still like to indulge in the old way of consuming text which is from a book-however I am becoming accustomed to reading on-line also. So I suppose the writing is true that “The emphasis of a hypertext should be the degree to which the reader is given power, not to read, but to organize the texts made available…” and texts are made available everywhere-not just through books.

No comments:

Post a Comment