Saturday, April 30, 2011

Energy Savvy Tweeting

I have never been or started to become accustomed to using blogging sites or Twitter for that matter simply because I have not seen the usefulness in them. So I decided for this week’s article choice, I wanted to find one on Twitter. I thought this article from Wired.com has given me a possibly new interest for Twitter. The Home Tweet Home: Energy-Savvy House Broadcasts on Twitter article is about people tweeting about their energy improvements made to their homes. I think this is a wonderful use of Twitter as it is like an informational manual on energy saving home improvements. Many people don’t opt for energy home improvements because of the belief that it’s costly or difficult to complete. However there are several different things you can do in your home everyday to help reduce energy consumption. Some people just need to be shown how. The tweeters tweet about energy usage to how much energy solar panels generate. I think this is a great way for people to become aware of how efficient certain energy improvements benefit you and the environment.
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/04/online-homes-br/

No comments:

Post a Comment