Saturday, February 18, 2012
Personal and Professional Consequence
In chapter 9, Trenholm states “The ability to convey that information clearly and effectively is essential for professional advancement.” As a senior, I am swiftly approaching the possibility of an internship in a new field of work. This topic resonates with me because I am hopeful that my course work in Communications will guide me along the path to professional success. Communicating is an important piece to many job markets, but only certain individuals are able to attain a certain level of success. I see this example from the book as good advice. I have to remember that if ever I’m in a situation where my communication skills are going to be criticized, I need to be an effective facilitator. This holds true to my current job also. I have seen through my college experiences that my communication in my current job has improved; another example that communicating well can help your current employment status.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so exciting that you are approaching graduation! Trying to stay self-motivated can be hard at times. It also does become hard at times when people criticize your communications skills, especially when you are a Comm major. But you are right; we have to remember to be good facilitators for ourselves and the ones around us. As for you, it helps me with my job because I teach kids how to tap dance. I am criticized on a daily basis for what comes out of my mouth. What I learn in school I take to work and vice versa! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDelete