Friday, February 17, 2012

The Ex-Vice President

Among the many great speakers I have seen on television and in person, one that I enjoyed watching the most would have to be ex-vice-president Al Gore. Aside from having the fortunate pleasure in watching him speak near a former elementary school I worked at in the past, I’m also fond of his documentary An Inconvenient Truth. His strongest characteristics as a speaker would have to be all three-credibility, attractiveness, and power. In his film, he covers many aspects of environmental concerns from both a political and educational stand point. His credibility as a well educated vice-president made him quite appealing to listen to. As far as incorporating Ethos into the way he speaks, I believe he did an exceptional job already. However if he were to improve that aspect I think he should share his educational background with the audience more frequently. Although it’s obvious of his credibility as a political leader, noting his educational experiences can give others another perspective of his intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment