Saturday, February 4, 2012
Being an orator
I would have to agree with what the Greeks believed about moral beliefs coinciding with being an orator. When you’re speaking to an audience, you want them to believe what you say, so truth seems necessary. However morals are not essential to be a good one. When I envision an orator (I might not believe in them) I think of the used cars salesman down the street. They have wonderful persuasion skills in getting people to buy from them, but they may not be completely honest about their products. I have to admit they can be pretty good with their delivery in most instances. But on the other hand when there isn’t honesty behind words spoken, it can or eventually would become evident. So honesty and integrity can also be a valuable suit for a good orator. However just like the used cars salesman, the delivery of information is what constructs an orator as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment