It completely makes sense that communication becomes a pattern of interaction. I would simply relate patterned interaction to ones personality. Through our development our personality’s progress and change forming the ways we communicate. Each of us has different standards in communicating with different individuals. Based on those standards (i.e. being humorous, serious, casual etc.) they essentially become our patterns.
Communication is similar to a game because we strategically choose our patterns and words to influence another individual. For example if I want someone to see my humorous side, I would tell a joke. If I want someone to know I’m serious about an issue I would change my tone and manner to be more earnest. However communication is unlike a game because there may not always be an end result. Players in a game would walk away either winning or losing. With communication both participants could either be satisfied or unconvinced.
No comments:
Post a Comment