Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Memorable speaker

The best speaker I have heard thus far is actually a grad student here at SJSU. She was in one of my senior courses this past year and she actually inspired me. I have heard other speakers before, but she is definitely the more notable speaker I remember. I enjoyed listening to her because she was telling her experience about being a Communications major and how she grew to be a better communicator through the process. I related closely with what she spoke about, however it was the way she carried herself and her obvious confidence that I admired. It is that type of confidence I would like to achieve through my own experiences.
The worst speaker I have to admit was John McCain (apologies in advance to anybody who is a McCain fan). Although I watched him in the Presidential debate on television, he was quite possibly the worst speaker. He seemed nervous and portrayed defensive tactics in every message. It was evident through out the whole debate. I simply thought it was distasteful. I believe within a good debate, you need to have a level of rationality with an opposing individual/s regardless of opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment