So I am not particularly on Facebook every day, but I constantly wonder how my status of my “where abouts” is always posted! Well basically it is because your friends and family can tag you at places without you even knowing. Sure that’s great that people, along with myself, can share certain memories. I don’t particularly care if people tag me in places-it’s actually quite nice to remember all the places I have gone. However there are those select few who would not like to share with the world. In that case this article may of use to you. In this article I found on Wired.com Disable Facebook Places gives you step by step instructions on how to disable your friends and family from tagging you. I thought this article was a good find because there are times where I would like to know how to disable certain functions-the only thing is I don’t know where to find it! Thanks Wired!
http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Disable_Facebook_Places
First of all LOVE YOUR JACK VETRIANO painting in the below posting! Secondly, I agree with you, I don't really want everyone knowing where I am, especially because I have a crazy ex-boyfriend. No we aren't friends but it's scary to think he could find me through a mutual friend. I like to stay on facebook but not use it all the time, it seems the less I do the more I'm getting put into, and I don't like that rules and privacy change and I actually have to sign on or figure out a way to undo something, I'm not a techy person at all, although love communicating, so Im stuck between wanting to delete it all or spend some extra time monitoring when I actually get annoyed is it worth it? hum...
ReplyDeleteThis is a very interesting article. Ive never been a fan of the places app on Facebook and probably have used it once or twice. But this is a great article on how to disable as you explained in your post. Theres plenty of people I wouldn't care for people to know where i am and/or tag me in a place. All the new changes they have made to Facebook I have not been very fond of and thats why I have been fading away from Facebook and using Twitter a lot more. Its very simple and fits my style a lot more.
ReplyDelete-Arod
Hey there,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your post because I also am curious as how friends and family members can be a fan of the places app and it comes up in posts. Actually in relation to your post, about a few weeks ago, a friend of mine happened to be at the same location at the same time watching a baseball game and while we were texting each other that I saw her, she said she had tagged me and at first I was thinking tagged? Since I don't have the iphone nor use Facebook on my phone, my reaction was a little slow. I realized within 10 seconds what she meant and when I had logged on a day later, I saw I was tagged that my friend was with me and 4 other people at the place.
Great post overall!
~little miss daisy