It was hard for me to wrap my thoughts around this writing, but I started to understand the attractiveness of creating an avatar. Not only are avatars created, but the worlds they live in are as well. I instantly think of World of Warcraft or Sims and though I don’t play these games myself, I see why are so engulfed. A person is able to basically live an alternate life-basically an escape from reality. I think that people who create avatars are also living vicariously through them. “…the intention to exercise…” from page 6 made me think of this. I envision people who are stuck behind computers all day who need an outlet somehow and this is one of them. However I also start to wonder how people become so involved. I have a co-worker whose son is on virtual games with avatars all day and can’t get enough! I think it’s crazy to be on a computer for so long, but he really likes to see how his computed-self evolves-that’s interesting too. Whether creating avatars to live a life an individual would like or simply out of enjoyment, people have their reasons.
No comments:
Post a Comment