Saturday, March 26, 2011
From Computer Power and Human Reason
In the excerpt From Computer Power and Human Reason, one concept that caught my attention was how computer intelligence interacted with human intelligence. The program ELIZA was very interesting. It was a program based on how to use role playing to communicate with other individuals. I liked how the program’s communication process was based on the study of the human psyche. It was precisely formulated to intermingle with humans on an intellectual level. I also thought that it was interesting that these specific programs can actually mimic human messages and perhaps be useful in improving communication between people. It could also be used in ways to help understand how individuals interact with each other and to help improve their communication skills. I didn’t actually think that computer programs such as the ones like ELIZA could hold any benefits for people, but maybe the way it can impersonate communication may possibly improve interactions between humans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment