Saturday, March 24, 2012

Premises Relating to the Judicial System

For the most part I do agree with rationality, perfectibility, and mutability premises. I think they are basic understandings of human development in regards to learning through our mistakes. As human beings we constantly make mistakes, but as we grow we consciously deter away from those mishaps. This would relate to how we discover truth through logic; achieve goodness through effort and control, and act in ways that have been shaped through our environment (Trenholm, 2011).
If I were to incorporate these beliefs into a system I would conclude them to be a part of the judicial system and the individuals who have gone through the processes of. Within the judicial system when someone is being prosecuted they must go through trials to seek their innocence with logical evaluation. For those who have been incarcerated we would like to believe they can achieve decent behavior if they continually make conscious efforts. Lastly, many people who are incarcerated have faced trials of their own through circumstances in their lives which may have been out of their control. Although I relate these premises to the judicial system, they can be practiced among groups of people through out the world as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment