Friday, May 13, 2011
Discourses of attention
This article really hit home with me. I work with children and for a couple years I worked with children who have ADD and ADHD. I have taken several seminars on the concerns and history of ADD and ADHD and it never crossed my mind that possibly one of the reasons to the rise in these disorders would be due to television. Although it didn’t cross my mind I completely see why the two are linked. On the other hand I also agree that television or media doesn’t necessarily have a solid link to attention disorders. I clearly remember a list of famous people who had ADD or ADHD and one of them was Beethoven. As I recall Beethoven was not around when television started booming. Though it is a concept to take into consideration, it is plausible to say that television definitely doesn’t help the attention spans of the little ones or the big.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment